Concerns about climate change and the deteriorating state of the environment have been hot topics all over the media. Much concern has been voiced out by environmentalist groups to help save the environment for the future generation. An emerging trend being pushed by several save the earth movements is to sell used electronics.
These groups have been encouraging every community not just in the United States but also around the globe to do their part in ensuring that a sustainable environment still holds for generations to come. The reduce carbon footprint, it is imperative that people apply “green” practices. Here are a few practical ways to help in this environmental cause:
• Going “green” doesn’t just help save the environment, but it is also a way to save on money. When every homeowner will lower the thermostat in the winter months and set the temperature to high during the summer months, energy consumption is reduced, thus lowering cost of electricity.
• Go back to basics. Using a clothesline to dry clothing helps lower electric consumption.
• Save on water by using low-flow showerheads.
• Walk or bike to the office or school, this saves gas expenses. Use public transport whenever possible.
• Bottled water is expensive and makes use of plastic containers, use a water filter and drink tap instead.
• Save on money and help the environment by borrowing movies or books from a library instead of buying them.
• There are a lot of people who have started to sell used electronics. Items like cameras, cellular phones, smart phones, tablets, game consoles, desktops, and laptops can be recycled contrary to popular beliefs.
Why People Should Not Throw Out Used Electronics
Popular electronic gadgets are a hit among people of all ages, and because of this manufacturers try to outdo each other by constantly fielding newer and better products. A hot new smart phone loses its market value in just a couple of months in the introduction of a newer model. As a result, the accumulation of electronic and technological waste increases quickly. Electronic gadgets contain dangerous chemicals and if they are not properly disposed of, these chemicals leak out and find its way to the ground soil and water sources.
Companies that Buy and Sell Used Electronic Gadgets
Setting the trend are companies that buy and sell used computers, cameras, cellular phones, and other electronic appliances to refurbish items or resell functional parts. One such company is Guzu.com, an online company whose main thrust is buying, selling, and recycling used electronics. It offers cash in exchange for used electronics, whether functional or broken. Companies such as Guzu.com offer consumers a better alternative in disposing electronics that they have no use of anymore.
Just recently, the company tied up with a non-profit organization seeking to protect the natural capital of trees and forests. The American Forests runs a campaign that for every project completed, a tree is planted.
As a result of this awareness, more people are encouraged to sell used electronics and start caring for the environment for future generations. You can sell your used electronics to one of the most trusted recycling firms: Guzu. Visit us at www.guzu.com or reach us at this telephone number: 855-446-4898.